Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Cozies, Cake, and Bunco....OH MY!!!

Hello there! Sorry it has been a while since I have been on! Life, like always, is crazy! I decided I better make some cute spring cup cozies. They are just something I had in mind. I hope to make more :)




These were so fun and super easy to make! They are spring-y enough but could really be used all year long. They are available to buy here.

I also made a Mike Wazowski cozy like I said I would! I do think that it is pretty cute :)


Isn't he just darling!! He is available to buy here. I can't wait to make more of these fun Disney Inspired cup cozies.

Like I said before, life has been pretty busy. We have both been working non stop to save up for our vacation. We are getting closer! We just decided to that we are going to the Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios. It is where the "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" is. Who wouldn't be excited to see that!! The hubby is so so excited! Just only a few more months and we are off!!

I also hosted Bunco at my house the other day and had a blast! My friend filled in and I think she had a blast! We have the craziest bunch of girls/ladies and have such a fun time :) I got all my prizes at Jo-Ann's. It was all Easter decorations and I was able to get them at 40% off so it was perfect! I made the yummiest cake ever :) Here is the recipe :)

Hawaiian Coconut Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
1 c sweetened condensed milk
1 c sweetened coconut
1/2 c sweetened toasted coconut
1 (3.4 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 3/4 c cold milk
1 (20 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained well
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 tsp vanilla
8 oz. whipped topping

Make cake according to box directions and put in a 9" x 13" x 2". Cool completely. Poke holes halfway through the cake and pour the sweetened condensed milk over top. In a medium bowl mix together the 1 c coconut, vanilla pudding mix, and milk and let it set until firm. Mix in the drained pineapple. Spread this mixture over the cake. In another bowl mix together the cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Beat in 1 cup whipped topping and then fold in the rest. Spread that mixture over top of the pineapple and then sprinkle the toasted coconut over top. This is a cake that needs to set overnight. If you decide to make it and it will be eaten in the same day it should sit for at least 4 hours.

*How to toast coconut: Turn stove on med-high heat. Put amount of coconut in pan. The coconut will burn easy so it will need to be constantly stirred. It takes at least 10 minutes for the process so it does take a lot of patience. As soon as it starts to brown watch it carefully so it will not burn. When it is toasted to how you want take it off of the oven and put in container until you are ready to use it.

This cake was such a hit! Everyone just loved it :) So I hope that you enjoy it!

I am working on some other crochet items and will put them on here hopefully this weekend! ENJOY! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment