Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Walt Disney World, Sea World, and Islands of Adventure!!!!

I know it has been quite a while since I posted on here! We were so busy trying to get ready for our vacation and spring cleaning before we left that I have totally spaced writing on here! I won't be able to share any pictures today because my computer is being super slow :(

Our vacation went from May 6-May 15 2014 :) We had a really rough go the day we were suppose to fly out. There was a big storm at SLC airport. Our plane that we were suppose to be getting on had been struck by lightening 9 times before coming in to land. We also found out that 15 other planes had been struck by lightening that same morning. Way to start a vacation huh? We were delayed almost 4 hours. Luckily they found us a new plane to get onto and we were on our way. I hate flying extremely bad so I latched onto my hubby's arm the whole plane ride (4 hours). I'm surprised that he didn't have any bruising or permanent indentations. As soon as they opened the doors you could feel the humidity. Brennon was not ready for it! We got off the plane, got our rental cars (Dodge Chargers...awesome cars :) ), and headed to the hotel.

Our first day we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Such a fun and cute park. They don't have a lot of rides but they do have a lot of shows and things to see. We watched the Beauty and the Beast play first thing. I was a "silly girl" who follows Gaston in the play at our high school and since then I love watching the plays for Beauty and the Beast. Of course Disney is always the best! We got to ride Aerosmith's Rockin' Roller Coaster. It has a HUGE electric guitar in front of the ride! We also got to ride Toy Story Mania. It is different inside while waiting for the ride. They have the whole inside decorated as if you are in Andy's room as a toy :) So cute! The worst part of the day for me was having to ride The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. I really really really do not like that ride! But of course my family are bums and made me ride it. And where did I get shoved to you might ask? The FRONT of the ride! Worst feeling ever!!! After we got off the ride I didn't have much of a voice from screaming so loud. We went to where you could see your picture and my picture was classic. A few guys behind me said, "Wow! That girl in the yellow looks like she had a GREAT time." And several other laughs! All my family had a lot of laughs that day but they got me an ice cream for being such a good sport :) :) :)

Our second day we went to Disney's Epcot. My whole family's favorite park! Luckily we were there when they had their Flower and Garden Festival. They have all sorts of characters around the whole park that are statues but they are made out of flowers, greenery, and shrubbery. If I could figure out how to make them I will :) There is so so so much to do in that park that I won't be able to tell you everything that we did! If you want to see what all there is to do in Epcot you can look it up on https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/epcot/ . If you aren't sure what Epcot is I will tell you a little about it. This park is so massive. There really are 4 parts of the park. There is the Seas, the Land, World Showcase, and the technology stuff. The World Showcase is our favorite part. There are several different countries. They have brought people from those countries to help do everything in that part of their country. Some have rides and some just have shops and eateries. Honestly the shops and the food are the best part. They have brought items from that country and you can try the food that is popular there too. We also went to this park on our last day but more on that later.

Our third day we went to Sea World. From what I was told there is a lot more to do at this park than the one in San Diego. But nonetheless it was still so much fun :) We had a dining pass that day so we could eat all we wanted all day but only in certain food places. We all ate so much! We wanted to make sure we had our money's worth! We watched the Shamu show and while waiting they honored all the men and women who have and who served and are serving for our country! We are lucky to have my dad, two brothers, and my uncle who were able to stand up. So very proud of them and what they do for us each and everyday! Love you guys!!!! We also watched a sea lion show called Clyde and Seamore. My favorite show!!! We did ride a few rides that day as well and got to see a lot of animals.

Our fourth day we went to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. This is where the Wizarding World of Harry Potter has come to life!!! Honestly I could have spent all day there! Just the atmosphere in itself was breathtaking. You felt as if you really were there! Our childhood dreams came true. We were able to go on a ride that is in Hogwarts castle so you got to see the inside of the castle. It was really neat! They had all the food places that you could find in Hogsmeade. They had a few more rides that we rode but we really loved the wand shop and the candy store Honeydukes. Brennon just had to get a chocolate frog. His trading card he got was Rowena Ravenclaw. We got to try chocolate covered flys, peppermint frogs, pumpkin juice, and butterbeer! I wasn't a fan of butterbeer but that is because it tastes to me like cream soda (not a fan). But everyone else loved it! They also had Dr. Seuss land which was really cute! There was also The Lost Continent, Marvel area, Popeye's ship, and Jurassic Park. We walked all the way around the park and did what we wanted to do and then went back to Harry Potter. We loved it. If you are a fan you absolutely need to go there someday :)!

Our fifth day we went to Magic Kingdom. It is like the Disneyland of Disneyworld :) Some of their rides are a little different but we did what we wanted that day. We were a little bummed because Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train ride wasn't open and won't open until next week. But it sure does look like a cute ride. They have a really darling Fantasyland there! They have Rapunzel's tower and the little village all decorated up so so so cute! Other than all of that there isn't anything much different between Disneyworld and Disneyland in this park :)

Our sixth day we went to the Animal Kingdom. They have a lot of animals that you are able to go and see. They are kind of like jungle walk paths that you get to go on.  We were able to go on a safari and really see the animals up close!! A lot of new animals that we haven't even seen before :) We were able to go and explore Africa and Asia as well. They both have a few rides. Our favorite ride was the Mt. Everest Ride! It takes you on a lot of different twists and turns that you don't expect! But I won't spoil any more of that for you :)

And on our last day we all started at Epcot then Brennon and I split and went to Magic Kingdom. On this day the clouds decided to split up and it rained. I believe that the saying "when it rains it pours" originated from Florida because the rain there is sooo dang crazy! Brennon and I didn't want to buy a poncho and thought what the heck! We honestly didn't walk for more than a couple hundred feet and were drenched. Just like we went and jumped into a pool and got out! Greatful for my mom who decided to buy us one. We were near the back of the park at Epcot when we decided to turn around and head to Magic Kingdom. So we toughed it and walked to the front entrance to get on a monorail to take us to Magic Kingdom. Even with my poncho on my capris still managed to get soaked. The rain was falling so hard that it would hit the ground and go up and get me wet. And maybe that is because I am short too....who knows! Brennon and I spent the rest of our time at Magic Kingdom shopping and eating. It had stopped raining when we got there. We were able to watch part of a parade before they had to hurry and put the floats back in the back because it started raining again.

We all had a great time! We loved our hotel room and the swimming pool. When we got chances we were able to spend a few hours swimming :) Wyatt and Mike decided to do a ballet recital in the pool and they started to get quite the crowd of ladies and hotel workers :) laughed so hard it hurt :)

I am so lucky that Brennon and I were able to go on this trip! We might have spent all our money but that is ok :) We never know when we are going to be able to make it back. We will cherish the memories that we made :) Thanks to my wonderful mama for all the hard work and planning you had to do to make sure we could go with you! Love you :)

Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon :)


No comments:

Post a Comment